Lesser-Known Organizations On The Frontlines of Reproductive Justice
The US seems keen on celebrating by time traveling back to a simpler time - when men could make choices for women’s bodies for them. Want to punch a wall? Who doesn’t.
Channel that rage into something productive this weekend. Forgo your cold brew or cocktail and consider donating at least $5 to one of these incredible organizations instead. Think of it as your Social Impact Self-Care routine.
While organizations like the ACLU and the National Network Of Abortion Funds are going to be leading the courtroom battle to protect abortion rights makes sure that women can get safe and affordable access to reproductive healthcare. There are many organizations working day in and day out to support women’s autonomy and reproductive rights. The following nonprofit organizations are also worth noting and supporting:
- NARAL PRO-CHOICE AMERICA: the nation’s leading pro-choice advocacy group, NARAL Pro-Choice America is dedicated to protecting and expanding reproductive freedom for all Americans, including abortion access. You can donate to NARAL at: actnow.prochoiceamerica.org.
- URGE (Unite for Reproductive and Gender Equality): Founded by Gloria Steinem, URGE mobilizes the diverse, upcoming generation of leaders to promote and protect reproductive rights, sexual health & gender justice. Donate to support URGE's mission at: https://urge.nationbuilder.com.
- SISTER SONG: is the largest national multi-ethnic Reproductive Justice collective. SIt's purpose is to build an effective network of individuals and organizations to improve institutional policies and systems that impact the reproductive lives of marginalized communities. You can donate to their important work at: https://sistersong.nationbuilder.com/donate.
- COLOR (The Colorado Organization for Latina Opportunity and Reproductive Rights): is a Denver-based grassroots nonprofit that is both Latina-led and Latina-serving. COLOR provides a voice on reproductive rights, health and justice for Latinas, their families and allies. COLOR’s work blends leadership development, organizing and advocacy, lifting the voices of Latinas and empowering the community to lead successful, healthy lives. Donate to COLOR at: https://secure.actblue.com/contribute/page/thisisrj.
- NAPW (National Advocates for Pregnant Women): seeks to protect the rights and human dignity of all women, particularly pregnant and parenting women and those who are most vulnerable including low income women, women of color, and drug-using women. NAPW uses the lessons learned from the experiences of these women to find more effective ways of advancing reproductive and human rights for all women and families. Our work encompasses legal advocacy; local and national organizing; public policy development, and public education. Donate to their amazing work at: https://advocatesforpregnantwomen.networkforgood.com.
- CENTER FOR REPRODUCTIVE RIGHTS: promotes women's equality worldwide by securing reproductive rights in constitutional and international human rights law. You can donate to their work at: https://reproductiverights.org/donate.
#ReproductiveJustice #ProtectAbortionRights #AbortionBans #Nonprofits